UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2021 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: Have you applied for the UPSC CMS Exam? If yes, then go through this page and check the information. Here we have provided the detailed UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 along with the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Pattern and selection process. Moreover, our team attached the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern PDF to the end of this page. So, download it and start preparing for the test.
- 1 UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus 2021 – Complete Information
- 2 UPSC CMS Exam Selection Process 2021
- 3 UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2021
- 4 Download UPSC Combined Medical Exam Syllabus 2021 PDF
- 5 UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 – Frequently Asked Questions
UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus 2021 – Complete Information
|UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2021 | Exam Pattern|
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination Name||Combined Medical Services Exam (CMS)|
|Post Names||Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer|
|Selection Process||Written Test (Paper 1 & 2), Personal Interview|
|Job Location||Across India|
|★★ You Can Also Check ★★|
|UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Notification||UPSC CMS Previous Question Papers|
|UPSC Recruitment||Government Jobs|
UPSC CMS Exam Selection Process 2021
Candidates who had applied to the UPSC CMS Exam should know the UPSC CMS Exam Selection Process must and should. As there are two rounds, they are the Written Test and the Personal Interview. In the same way, the Written Test consists of two papers are Paper – I and Paper-II. All the applicants should attempt both the papers to get qualified in the Combined Medical Services Exam conducted by the Officials of the Union PSC.
- Written Test (Paper 1 & Paper 2)
- Personal Interview
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2021
The UPSC CMS 2021 Exam will be conducted in 2 Parts. In Part I, there will be 2 papers. Computer Based Test of 500 Marks. Each Paper will be for 2 Hours. In Part II, the Personality Test of 100 marks will be conducted for those who qualify for the CBT Exam. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate. One-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
Paper – I
|Subject Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|General Medicine||96||250 Marks|
Paper – II
|Subject Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
Download UPSC Combined Medical Exam Syllabus 2021 PDF
Many of you are looking for the UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus 202. For the sake of all appearing candidates, we had given the UPSC Combined Medical Exam Syllabus PDF Download option at the end section of the page. Mostly, the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus helps you out in gaining good marks in the exam, because this can be saved to the device and get a complete grip on each and every subject of the Syllabus. Then only, a candidate gets qualified in the CMS Exam. And get placed in the organization of the Union Public Service Commission.
General Medicine Including The Following:
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Infections/ Communicable Diseases (Virus, Rickets, Bacterial, Spirochetal, Protozoan, Metazoan, Fungus)
- Nutrition/ Growth
- Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
- Musculoskelatal System
- Emergency Medicine
- Common Poisoning
- Snake Bite
- Tropical Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emphasis on medical procedures
- Patho physiological basis of diseases
- Vaccines preventable diseases and Non Vaccines preventable diseases
- Vitamin deficiency diseases
- In psychiatry include – Depression, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar diseases, and Schizoprenia.
Paediatrics Including The Following
- Common childhood emergencies,
- Basic new born care,
- Normal developmental milestones,
- Accidents and poisonings in children,
- Birth defects and counseling including autism,
- Immunization in children,
- Recognizing children with special needs and management, and
- National programmes related to child health.
Surgery (Surgery including ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology, and Orthopaedics)
- General Surgery
- Blood vessels
- Cysts/ sinuses
- Head and neck
- Alimentary tract (Oesophagus, Stomach, Intestines, Anus, Developmental)
- Liver, Bile, Pancreas
- Abdominal wall
- Abdominal injuries
- Urological Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Diagnosis and management of common surgical ailments
- Pre-operative and post operative care of surgical patients
- Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery
- Wound healing
- Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery
- Shock patho-physiology and management.
GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
- Ante-natal conditions
- Intra-natal conditions
- Post-natal conditions
- Management of normal labours or complicated labour
- Questions on applied anatomy
- Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
- Questions on infections in genital tract
- Questions on neoplasma in the genital tract
- Questions on displacement of the uterus
- Normal delivery and safe delivery practices
- High risk pregnancy and management
- Intra Uterine growth retardation
- Medicolegal examination in obgy and Gynae including Rape.
- Conventional contraceptives
- U.D. and oral pills
- Operative procedure, sterilization, and organization of programmes in the urban and rural surroundings
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
PREVENTIVE SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
- Social and Community Medicine
- Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- Health Administration and Planning
- General Epidemiology
- Demography and Health Statistics
- Communicable Diseases
- Environmental Health
- Nutrition and Health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Occupational Health
- Genetics and Health
- International Health
- Medical Sociology and Health Education
- Maternal and Child Health
- National Programmes
- Management of common health problems
- Ability to monitor national health programmes
- Knowledge of maternal and child wellness
- Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health problems including malnutrition and emergencies.
|To Download UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2021 PDF & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
Follow our website Freshers Now for more detailed information like UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus. Thank You and All The Best for your CMS Exam.
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 – Frequently Asked Questions
How to download UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 PDF?
You can download the UPSC CMS Syllabus 2021 through the official site or from FreshersNow.Com.
What is the time duration for the UPSC CMS Exam?
The time limit for the UPSC CMS Exam is 2 Hours.
Is there any negative marking in the UPSC CMS Exam?
There is no negative marking in the UPSC Combined Medical Servies Exam.
How many questions will be asked in the UPSC CMS Paper I Exam?
96 Questions from General Medicine and 24 Questions from Pediatrics will be asked in the UPSC CMS Paper I Exam.